Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lily is 1!!!!!






I can't believe my baby girl has turned 1! I just had her for crying out loud! She has even attempted to walk. I am pretty sure I am done having kids, but I am starting to feel sad as I watch my baby grow up. I have started to miss those early baby things - like their teeny little bodies nestled up against mine, their smell, middle of the night feedings, laying still while I change diapers, and the real crying - not the fake drama ones I get now. My Lily is sure teaching me a lot about little girls too and how they are sooooo different from little boys. She is definitely a little drama princess! She is just getting too big too fast.
Her birthday party was a lot of fun. Cortney BBQ'd some ribs and chicken and there was a lot of food to go with it. We all ate very well. Lily was funny with her cake. She would not touch it, nor did she even like it! I stuck her hand in the frosting hoping that it would encourage her, but it just made her upset. She did not like how the frosting felt! I didn't feel too sad about her not making the normal giant frosting mess that usually goes along with a one year birthday!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLERS!!!


"The things that are hard to bear, are sweet to remember."

~Lucious Annaeus Seneca

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

~Mark Twain