Sunday, June 22, 2008

We just had the best conversation at dinner! Lex (of course it was Lex) asked if there were castles in the world that hadn't been destroyed. I'm not sure which History Channel show has been on lately, but whatever. Anyways, we told him that there were still non-destroyed castles. He asked if there were still kings and queens living in them. Cort told him that, yes, there were still royalty living in castles, but rich people owned most of them. So I asked, "Wouldn't it be so cool if we lived in a castle?" Lex said, "Yes, and Dad can be King and you can be Queen." I told him that he could be our prince, and Cort told Liam he could be the princess. Oh yes, we build up our children at every opportunity. So Lex said, "Noooooooo Dad, Liam is a boy! Boys aren't princesses! Lily is the princess. Liam can be a knight ... but he will be a good knight, not like one of those Lamanites!" Get it ... Lama-night? It took us a moment so I will just assume that I need to help everyone else out. I truly wish I could end the story there and let everyone think how spiritual and good our family must be... but the story goes on. So, Cort said, "Wouldn't it be cool if it was a naked castle and everyone walked around naked?" We all laughed and Lex said, "We can't walk around naked, Dad, that's just silly!" So Cort, instead of dropping it says, "Yeah, and we can have naked nannies too!" I'm giving him a dirty look and he's smiling at me as Lex saves the day and says, "Dad, Grandma is a nanny and she can walk around naked with us!" Yeah Cort, there's your naked nanny!!!!!! Geez!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....I want a naked nanny...lol! Is Cort for hire? I know he's a hot commodity...is he still available? LOL!

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh so funny! I can't believe Cort would say that where the kids could hear...I would understand if you were alone but gosh! Would there be nanny cams at the naked castle? If so can I come watch?!?!?

Kaltaler Korner said...

What a great conversation! Well up until the naked part. HEHEHE

Kaltaler Korner said...

just an FYI Ben laughed at Cort's comment


"The things that are hard to bear, are sweet to remember."

~Lucious Annaeus Seneca

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

~Mark Twain